Friday, February 15, 2008

My week in a nutshell

This week wasn't very eventful, but here were the little tidbits that I found to be interesting.

  • This week for me was a little sad because I was missing everyone in the Philippines and also because it was my Grandpa's birthday on Wednesday (the first one since he passed away).
  • I got a new class of very little kids (about 6 or 7 years old).  At first, they were really scared of me and each other.  With the help of Gwen and a bunch of puppets, they've loosened up and now they're chatty and spitting in each other's faces.  I named them: Amy, Tim, Matt, Brad, Ian and Jessica.
  • Valentine's Day in Korea is different from in Canada.  On February 14th, the woman is supposed to spoil the man and a month later on March 14th, it is the woman's turn to be spoiled.  Nevertheless, I got lots of chocolate from my kids.
  • One of my kids we call "Sleepy Peter" because he always looks like he rolled out of bed, referred to breakfast as "morning food" in one of my classes.  I thought it was really cute.
  • With the death of Fluffy III back home, I'm contemplating getting a new pet.  Gwen said she would take me to E-mart tonight to check out the hamsters.  It'll be nice to have some company in my apartment.
  • I'm thinking of starting to go to the gym at least twice a week.  Taekwondo is really great and I've really lost weight and gotten in shape but I'd like to get a little more cardio and weight training in, especially for the upper body.  A new gym recently opened in my area, so I think I'm going to check it out soon.
  • In taekwondo, I think next week Diana and I are going to get our next belts.  I'm going to be a purple belt.  Once I get my new belt, I'll be half way to my black belt. 

1 comment:

Diana said...

Yeah... and we get to start sparring! Yay!

 
eXTReMe Tracker