Marla, Danielle and Sarai at the Ariana Hotel
Afterwards we went downtown to a hookah bar and smoked some shisha.
The place was pretty hard to find and every time we asked people, they thought we were talking about pot and bongs, which is very illegal here. It was a really cool place. It was really relaxed and dark. Definitely worth going back to.
Sarai and I at the Hookah bar
On Sunday, I went out for brunch with Walita and some of her friends. We went to the Holy Grill for their first weekend of all day breakfast. The owner there knows me now, well he knows I'm a Leafs fan. I walked in and he looked at me and said "The Leaf game isn't on till 3, Ottawa is playing the first game". He's a cool guy, but a Red Wing's fan. For brunch, I had french toast stuffed with peanut butter, cream cheese and bananas with a side of french toast. It was amazingly good. Afterwards we did some shopping. I only bought a pair of penguin socks for a dollar, but Walita went all out and bought a pair of really nice boots. After shopping, I went home and slept on the couch for most of the evening. I'm finding that I'm spending less and less time in my apartment and more time hanging around downtown. Once January hits and intensives start I'll have no social life, so I might as well get it out of my system now.
In other big news, I'm moving apartments. I'm getting the apartment above mine, which has 2 bedrooms, a living room and a bathroom that's more indoors than mine. It probably doesn't have a manhole cover either. I have no idea what I'm going to do with an extra bedroom. Perhaps I can make it into a room solely for my puzzles (my new obsession). I'm dreading moving all my stuff, but it will definitely be worth it. I'm sure Samson and Simon will be doing most of the heavy lifting anyway.
2 comments:
I just wrote but I'm not sure if it worked. This is in Korean. Anyways, this is random but when i googled hookah and daegu your blog came up. I was wondering if you could let me know where that Hookah bar is. Or where the general location is. My email is kwonsusan@gmail.com Thanks.
I gotta second that - I've been trying to find that hookah place for most of the 2 months I've been in Daegu, to no avail - if you could point me in the right direction, it'd be GREATLY appreciated.
apatheticitenerant@gmail.com if you get a free minute.
Cheers!
Post a Comment