I have less than a month left in Korea now. On Tuesday, Fraser and I booked our tickets for the Philippines. We are leaving Korea on the 3rd of October for Manila. The plan is to tour Manila for a day or two and then take day trips to Mt. Pinatubo and a military island that Fraser wants to see. Afterwards, we are going north to see the rice terraces for a couple days and then back down to Manila to fly to Palawan. After 2 weeks with Fraser, we sadly have to part ways. He is going back to Scotland and I'm going to visit some family in Iloilo for a week before flying back to Canada.
I packed one box yesterday. It's full of books I want to keep and clothes I don't need. It also has a lot of souvenirs I bought in Korea and China. This weekend, I plan to pack a suitcase full of clothes that I don't need. When Fraser comes back from Wales, he's going to help me lug everything to the post office to mail home. It's so handy having him around. I'm going to send my last suitcase home right before I leave Korea, so I can travel the Philippines with only the stuff I need. I hate packing. It's such a pain, but I don't want to leave everything until the last minute.
I'm excited to go to the Philippines and see my family in Canada, but I've been getting bouts of sadness when I think of leaving my students, Sa Beom Nim and especially Fraser. He's been in Wales 3 days and I already miss him terribly. But that's life. We've decided that when we part ways, we're still going to stay a couple even if it means flying across oceans a few times a year to see each other.
1 comment:
Awwwww, i'll miss you too!
Post a Comment