In Andong, we went to a mask festival that goes on at the same time every year. There was a lot to see, like Taekwondo demonstrations to techno music, mask painting, and people running around in costumes. Diana and I ooo'd and aww'd over all the necklaces and pottery. I ended buying a cute necklace made of tile.
I went to see a man with a big bug display. There were larvae and big black beetles in jars on the table. The man working there spoke a little English and explained all the life stages of a beetle. He then asked if I wanted to hold one. I was feeling brave and maybe stupid, so I agreed. He put one on my hand and then proceeded to put four more up my hand and arm. Gross! I really wish I had some Purell.
Afterwards, Diana and I went to Hahoe folk village. Here you can see how people lived in the past with traditional buildings and walkways. If you wish to, you can stay there over night. My favourite part was when I found a woman who lead me through a traditional tea ceremony. Luckily, there was another woman there from Seattle who was able to translate for me. I learned the tea that was served was only for scholars, as it was used to expand the mind and make you smarter. Hopefully, that's true and tea will help me learn Hangul faster.
3 comments:
Those bugs were so unbelievably gross. I still can't believe you let him put them on your arm! You rock!
Yeah Samie I can't believe you did that. It reminds me of Survivor...except you didn't eat them!
Wow, your pretty brave sis! Gald to see your having a great time there. Mom says that since your getting all up close and personal with allt he creepy crawlies, you can be the designated slug exterminator when you get back =P. Love ya lots and ttyl!
Post a Comment