Thursday, October 11, 2007

Taekwondo!!!

I started taekwondo this week and absolutely love it. Diana and I go to a gym about 10 minutes from where we live. Our classes run from Monday to Friday for one hour a day. Diana's only been here a month and already has her yellow belt. Hopefully, I can get one in a month too.


Our teacher is called Sa Beom Nim (Not actually his name. I think it's a title of resepect). He's really funny and nice. Although he doesn't know English, we get along fine by copying his movements. It also pushes me to learn Korean so I can understand what he's saying. So far I learned the names of basic moves like punch, kick, and block, and I've also been working on learning body parts. I'm starting to understand him more every day.


So far, I've learned various blocks, punches, and kicks. I think my main weakness is my lack of flexibility. Sa Beom Nim has been pushing me to stretch more and more every day. In less than a week, I already feel myself getting more flexible. It's an amazing workout!! Diana and I are usually sweaty and tired by the end of it. Hopefully by doing this 5 days a week, I can drop a couple pounds and become fighting machine.


2 comments:

Diana said...

I think it's hilarious that he never smiles in pictures when he is so jovial in person. One of the students was explaining about how Koreans don't smile in pictures last night... especially not with teeth and especially not women. Strange.

Samantha said...

Really? I wonder if I'm considered a slut or something for showing my teeth. lol.

 
eXTReMe Tracker