Yesterday, my apartment starting coming together. I got my red sofa (Finally!! Hooray for not having to watch TV on the floor) and a new washing machine, so I don't have to do my laundry at Gwen's apartment. The old washing machine was dirty in unreachable places and would cover my clothes with weird stuff after every wash. My sofa is a futon and it's a lot more comfortable than my bed. For anyone who doesn't know, sleeping on a Korean bed is like sleeping on a wooden board.
Taekwondo has been going well. I think I'm improving. Although, I have issues kicking with my left foot. It doesn't have the power or the coordination of my right foot, and I just end up getting frustrated. Hopefully in a couple weeks, I can improve enough to get my yellow belt. Today, taekwondo was cancelled (that's why I have time to write). It's been rescheduled for Saturday afternoon and that evening Sa Beom Nim, his wife, Diana and I are going out for dinner. He's such a nice, funny guy, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Teaching this week has been good. I've been getting better at learning the kids' names and their personalities. There's Henney who does a weird squatting dance in the homework line; Donny, the little know it all; Rick, who got fed up and punched Donny in the mouth; Matt who hates Henney with a passion; and boy-crazy Aileen who pretends to be ditzy to impress the boys. And that's only half of one class! Aside from their social issues, they are a really smart class and I enjoy teaching them. Next week, I'll have a lot more classes to teach. I'm crossing my fingers that it all goes well and the kids don't drive me completely crazy.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we would like a picture of your furnitures.
Post a Comment