I've been really bad at keeping up with this blog lately. I always say I'm going to write and then get preoccupied with other things. Last weekend, me and some of my girlfriends took a trip to Seoul. It was my first time in the big city. The plan was to go to see David Beckham and the LA Galaxy play Seoul FC at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. The game was a lot of fun, and Seoul ended up winning in a shootout. After the game we went to an awesome tex-mex restaurant. Good Mexican food is hard find in Korea. The rest of the weekend in Seoul wasn't so great as one of our friends, who separated from us after the game, got her purse stolen and then got lost in Seoul. We eventually found her after a lot of running around and worrying. When we found her, she was running down the street with a taxi driver chasing after her. She had no money to pay the cabbie, got scared and decide to make a run for it. We later found out that another friend who was at the game with us also got lost. There was a miscommunication between some other people we were with and he got left at the stadium with no phone and no where to go. He eventually made it back to Daegu safely, but unfortunately he ended up losing everything he had but the clothes on his back. Needless to say, it was a nightmare of a weekend. I'd love to go back to Seoul, but with less people and more of a plan of where to go and what to do.
The girls
Beckham...oh yeah
Seoul World Cup Stadium
Moi!
The week was pretty good. I got my blue belt in Taekwondo. I need to get my brown and red belts before getting my black belt. I think my Sa Beom Nim wants me and Diana to test for our black belts at the end of April. I really need to get practicing.
This weekend was fun. I visited a Buddhist temple in Daegu. I randomly found it while walking around and wandered inside. I was given a tour of all 8 floors plus 3 floors of the neighbouring building. It had a rooftop garden with a huge gold Buddha that is probably really beautiful in the spring and summer. The highlight of the tour was a museum room. It looked like a normal room with display cases with pictures and Buddha statues, but the tour guide pointed to a cupboard under one of the display cases and asked me if I wanted to "experience death world". She opened up the cupboard door and there was coffin-looking box inside. So I of course got in and laid there in the dark for the awhile. After a bit, I got out and opened the cupboard door. The tour guide was like "No, go. Go." I was like "go where?". So I got back in the cupboard and crawled over the coffin. It turns out that under all the display cases is a hollow tunnel that you crawl around in to experience what it's like the afterworld. It's pitch black and there are motion sensors, so when you pass certain points there are animal and demon noises. There are also obstacles to climb over too. It was really freaky. The tour guide opened a door and I crawled out. The experience was odd to say the least, but apparently it cleansed my karma, so I guess it was worth all the fear and anxiety.
Gold statue on top of a Buddhist temple
4 comments:
if it was me I'll have a heart attack
...that would be both for Beckham and the tunnell
do you know remember the name of the temple?
It's near the Yeongnam Univ. Hospital subway stop.
Post a Comment