Monday, March 31, 2008

Korean classes, red belts and World Cup Stadium

Lately work has been good.  Today was test day, so most of it was spent interviewing kids and grading papers.  Here is a picture of one of my kids named Jasper.  She usually comes in to say hi and bother me before class.  She's cute but can be irritating at times.

001

On Saturday, I started Korean classes again at the YMCA.  I was a little nervous because I was scared they would put me back in the beginner class and I really didn't want to learn the alphabet again.  Luckily, they put me in the low intermediate class.  I think this is exactly where I should be.  The class is small, only about nine people, and the teachers seem really nice.  I'm looking forward to attempting to learn Korean again.

After Korean class, I went to lunch with a few of my friends.  We ended up at a Korean restaurant and ate really spicy fried rice with vegetables.  A Scottish guy, Craig, from my class also can't handle spicy food well, so after lunch we went to Baskin Robbins and ate a quart of ice cream.  It was delicious!  Although it's a shame I had Taekwondo afterwards because it was really hard to move after all that ice cream.  I managed to do the 7th poomsae really well and I got my red belt.  The only one left is my black belt.  The test is at the end of a month, so I'm sure this month of Taekwondo will be very tough.  Look at all the belts I passed in 6 months!

022

Sunday morning, Samson and Gwen took me to Costco and I filled up on all the goodies I can't find in Korean supermarkets, like cheddar, bacon and honey turkey cold cuts.  I think I'm going to be making a lot of turkey sandwiches this week.

Sunday afternoon, my friend Fraser and I went to Daegu World Stadium.  It was really neat!  They let you hang out on the field for free and just wander around the stadium.  There were many families just hanging out, rollerblading, biking, and playing soccer.  Near the stadium, there is a rock climbing wall.  I gave it a try, but my upper body strength has really gone down hill and I only made it half way up the wall.  It was a lot of fun.

006

The stadium

012

Me pretending to block a shot

016

From the outside

That night, we went out to dinner and had dessert at Pappa Roti.  I love that place.  Some people don't see the appeal, but they probably don't have same love for bread and melted butter that I have.

017

These are some good buns

018 

They give you a timer to tell you when your herbal tea is ready.  So cute!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you bring me a tea timer when you come back to canada. never heard of it here...and don't come home without the blackbelt.

 
eXTReMe Tracker