Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Here goes...

I've been avoiding writing lately because I really don't know what to say.  The weekend started out good.  Korean class was a lot of fun.  I went out for lunch with people from class and then some of us went shopping at the Lotte Department Store downtown.  It is known for it's high prices, but I found a decent winter jacket for only 35,000 won or about $37.  I also bought a shirt for about $13.  I've been getting really tired of my clothes lately and I also wanted to celebrate my first real paycheck.  Afterwards we got some coffee and just hung out.   

After coffee, I headed home and only ended up staying there for about an hour, then I head back downtown to meet some people for dinner.  One of my friends, Leo, invited me to dinner with a bunch of his friends.  They were a nice bunch and lots of them were Canadian.  After dinner, we went to a couple bars for drinks and foosball.  It was a really nice night.

The next morning, my mom called me and told me my grandfather died.  He was old and suffering and I know it was probably for the best that he passed, but I really wanted one last time to see him.  It's hard to think about how I won't see him anymore playing ma-jong or sitting there counting his money.  I spent the day really upset.  I was still upset the next morning when I went to Taekwondo.  I just too emotionally drained to put much effort into it.  There were a couple exercises Sa Beom Nim tried to make us do, I just couldn't do it.  I'm doing better now.  Still a little sad sometimes when I think about my grandpa and not being able to see him ever again.  I really wish I could go there for the weekend, but that would be too expensive for me. 

My mom is going to the Philippines on Tuesday morning and after a coup le weeks there, she's going to spend a weekend in Daegu with me.  I'm really excited about seeing her.  She's bringing some of the clothes I miss and we're going to do some shopping here.  I guess that's the silver lining in a very crappy situation.

IMG_0001

 

 

My grandpa (Lolo) - R.I.P.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker